If you happen to be in Orléans over the weekend and have an interest in old-style video games, you might want to hurry over there.
As I say to Mr. Hines directly in the original post's comments: I would object to specifying Snoopy as an incarnation of the Doctor. Otherwise, the theory as presented is entertainingly sound.
For your amusement, then...
I decided to go with a lighter blog post for today. Feel free to debate and discuss.
Proposal: Snoopy is actually a Time Lord. Probably the Doctor.
- Snoopy was first sighted on Earth in October of 1950, and was around for far longer than any known beagle. Also, his appearance changed over time. (But he’s always been a white male!)
- His dog house is canonically bigger on the inside.
- And it flies. (Though it doesn’t always take him where he intended to go.)
- He is known to have traveled in space.
- He has a companion, one he understands and communicates with despite their different languages. (TARDIS translation circuit?)
- He owned a Van Gogh. (The link between Van Gogh and the Doctor has been well-established.)
- He’s been known to wear bow ties.
Conclusion: Time Lord!
Mirrored from Jim C. Hines.
Yes, that Mark Ruffalo.
And now there's reports of Marvel Studios maybe - maybe! - considering an Alpha Flight movie based on trademark filings from back in December 2013...and I'm getting weird vibes stumbling across the reminder of this historical fact from 1994.
It almost certainly amounts to bupkis in terms of any plans on Marvel's part. I'm likely doing what nerds often do: seeing patterns by accident.
But entertaining patterns, right?
* Two links of interest to people who like to look at "megaproject"-type technical art. In this case, we're talking about a proposal for mobile cities being discussed in both links:
I don't know that I'd want to see this sort of thing roaming around on Earth, but maybe we might find a use for the idea on Mars or elsewhere in Sol system. I'd imagine that kgillen might be wanting a look at this in the wake of his "Iron Metropolitan" project in the pages of Iron Man.
Or at least, they ought to be.
That includes women, people of "other" sexual identities, people from across the ethnic spectrum, across the religious spectrum, across the age ranges, et cetera.
What bugs me is that some people whom I thought knew this at least as well as I did, if not better than I do...well, it seems they don't know it very well. Or if they did, they've forgotten the fact.
Worse, it's not even a surprise. More like a nagging bout of anger at something that should've been behind us all by now.
Fortunately, other people are already calling that first bunch out on that point.
MyDearPeabody, keep on calling them out on it.
It's going to be part of how we keep growing the industry pie back to where it ought to be.
More on other stuff later.